The current and new tokens
Until today, there were two types of tokens: $Armor and $vArmor. After the launch of the $EASE tokenomics, there have been two new tokens added: $EASE and $gvEASE.
- $Armor: this is the original governance token of the Armor ecosystem and is tradeable.
- $vArmor: this is the staked version of $Armor (which can be obtained at https://armor.ease.org/govern) and is the token that is needed to vote on DAO proposals. It generates APY, so the underlying $Armor tokens per $vArmor grow.
- $EASE: this is the unstaked and tradeable token for the ease ecosystem.
- $gvEASE, this is the deposited and Swiss army knife version of the $EASE token, which has special properties, powers and possibilities:
- It cannot be traded,
- it can be used to vote on DAO proposals,
- can be used to lower possible costs after a hack,
- can be leased out for bribes, and
- it grows!
All details can be found in the dedicated gvNomics announcement here and in our Knowledge Base.
As pre-announced earlier this month, existing $Armor and $vArmor owners can now swap their tokens to $EASE and $gvEASE. Please read the details about the different types of tokens and the swaponomics here, but basically:
- It is a simple one-way 1:1 swap: you get 1 $EASE for every $Armor, which can’t be swapped back.
- It is open-ended, there is no hurry, though the sooner you have $(gv)EASE, the sooner you can enjoy all their benefits.
- Those who had staked $Armor to get $vArmor will receive extra $gvEASE, retroactively from the date of the deposit. This bonus only gets rewarded if the $vArmor gets swapped to $gvEASE directly.
- The $gvEASE will start ‘growing’ from the start, meaning the date of the swap from $Armor or the date you deposited $EASE.
- The exact swap rate for $vArmor is dependent on the current $vArmor -> $Armor conversion rate, currently 1.177.
4 token swaps are possible:
Both $Armor tokens can be swapped to both $EASE tokens, so there are 4 possible token swaps possible:
- $Armor -> $EASE: this is best if you want to keep tradeable and movable tokens
- $Armor -> $gvEASE: this is best for those that want to take advantage of all of the aforementioned functions of the $gvEase tokens, and is just a combined transaction: $Armor -> $EASE -> $gvEASE.
- $vArmor -> $EASE: for those who currently have staked tokens, but want to move them to a new address before depositing them, or who want to trade them.
- $vArmor -> $gvEASE: for those who are already generating yield on their $Armor tokens. Also for those actively voting on DAO proposals, who wish to keep on doing so. (This gets you a bonus). Instead of earning extra $Armor tokens, they can now earn $ease tokens (bribes) and their $gvEase token amount will grow retroactively from the date of deposit (which was possible from April 14th, 2022).
How to swap
The Token Swap page is located here: https://app.ease.org/token-swap
Once you connect your wallet that contains your $Armor and $vArmor tokens, you will be able to swap them easily and quickly.
There are only a few steps:
- Connect your wallet
- Choose the type and amount of tokens you want to swap to and from (you can click on $Armor/vArmor and $EASE/$gvEASE to switch between them).
- Approve those tokens for the swap (1st transaction)
- Approve the actual swap (2nd transaction)
That’s it! You now own $EASE and/or $gvEASE and can use them to protect your DeFi investments.
Do you have questions?
We created a special contact form, so do contact us if you:
- have questions about the token swap
- encounter any difficulties swapping
- would like to send your $gvEase to another wallet than the one your $vArmor is